Review: One eskimO

My musical tastes are a bit eclectic and neglected. Yes, I'm one of those people who fondly remembers the music from when they were 13 - but I have to admit that I've been trying to branch out of early '80s music. It's good to try new things. Especially to find out if I like things that other people do, too.

One eskimO's self-titled debut album is out in stores and I was given the opportunity to check it out and do a review. Knowing that their hit #1 song "Kandi" was the most played song on all adult rock radio stations for the past four weeks, and counting, was impressive. Then I heard it and found it running through my head over and over again. But in a good way. Wanna check out the video?



There are other songs on this album that are equally as engaging in a vibe-music kind of way. Here's the playlist: Hometime, Astronauts [download for free via Twitter], Kandi, Slip, Simple Day, Givin Up, Chocolate, All Balloons, Chosen One, UFO, and Amazing.

One eskimO is touring in May and June so if you're interested in finding out how to see them in person check out their Facebook  or their website page to learn more. Hop on over to check out their tour dates ,too. The music is interesting without being the same thing you're going to hear from every other band. At least that was my impression. I'd love to know what you think.

Disclaimer: I was provided a copy of One eskimO's album to review. All thoughts and reviews are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment