Let the Parties Begin!

Today is my first holiday party of the season and that means I've made my first batch of fudge. I love making fudge because it looks and tastes like I did a lot more work than I did - and isn't that a great return on investment!

Personally, I suck at making traditional fudge recipes. I know people who do it and God Bless Them for keeping the tradition alive because I can't do it. However, I don't use marshmallow fluff either - probably because I've never in my life eaten this stuff and I'm a little afriad of it, if you want to know the truth. Or mabe I'm afriad I'll like it:)

I use Eagle Brand Condensed Milk. This stuff is amazing. I don't know how it works and I don't need to - because I'm female - but it does. And this recipe is super easy. In case you don't have this recipe memorized yet here it is.

I use a double boiler but I think you can do this in the microwave, too. Pour a can of Eagle Brand Condensed Milk in with 2 Cups of chips [I use semi-sweet] and let them melt. Add a dash of salt [about 1/8 tsp.] Stir the chips until they're melted then remove from heat and add 1 tsp vanilla and stir that in. Pour the melted chocolate into your prepared pan.

Here's how I prepare the pan - I use my brownie pan - a regular 8x8 hard square pan which I line with foil and also spray with vegetable spray. Once you have the fudge in the pan put it in the fridge to set. I do it overnight. In the morning, I turn the pan upside down on a cutting board, strip off the foil - which is nice and easy because of the spray - and cut the fudge to whatever size I need.

There you go. Super easy. Always a nice treat and definitely a Cool Idea!

0 comments:

Post a Comment