Spring Cleaning

Yep, it's that time. Some of you might be on Spring Break this week. We're on break next week so there's some attempt to get cleaning done this week while Comfort and Joy are still in school.

If you haven't found Totally Together Journal, put together by Stephanie O'Dea of A Year of Slowcooking fame, then you need to hop on over and check it out. Better yet sign up for the daily emails because she does a really nice job of posting a daily reminder of things you can get done around the house everyday without driving yourself nuts. Truly, I'm not keeping up with her but I like the way she thinks and they are good reminders.

Yesterday, I did cleaned out my inbox. Usually I'm a clean as I go person - this goes for all of my cleaning and especially my inbox - but I've gotten behind lately. This is an easy thing to take care of while you're sitting online, too.

Just sort your inbox by name and go through it to see if there are things you can go ahead and delete or move to folders. I usually max out the number of folders that my Yahoo mail will give me so I consolidate them every few months as well.

In a matter of 15 minutes I deleted 250 emails and that's only from a few months of laziness and truly just a couple of weeks of being behind. If you haven't cleaned your inbox in a while it might take a bit longer. Or not. Depends on how worried you are about being careful.

So as you're cleaning the house - fridge, dusting, bathrooms, floors, etc. - let's not forget about the places that we spend time in these days. Our email inboxes. Make them efficient and tidy and they'll work better for you. Well, I think so and for me that's a Cool Idea.

1 comments:

March 30, 2010 at 11:11 AM Stephanie ODea said...

Thank you for the link and for your nice words! I'm not keeping up with myself right now, either. I've got a deadline of May 1 that I'm feverishly working towards----but everything will fall in place.
it always does. :-)

YAY on cleaning out your emails!
xoxo steph

Post a Comment