Get Your Summer Feet On!

I first read this tip on another blog. I think it was a guest post on Frugal Upstate but I can't remember and I didn't copy the link and my toddler summer has kept me from going back to find it. Then Tia's Saving Cents posted and I had another source for a home pedicure solution.

I, too, ditch the socks as soon as the weather gets warm enough. Mostly this is so I don't have to worry about finding a matched pair out of my drawer. I don't know about you but after matching my kids socks the last thing I want to do is match up my own so I generally throw them in the drawer [whites on one side and darks on the other - my concession to organization] and then push it shut. Well, socks do have a function. They keep our feet from getting dried out and rough. Regular pedicures are not only a nice relaxing treat but they keep our feet in good shape.

But pedicures, unless you are a good shopper and able to take advantage of last minute deals at your local spa, can get pricey. So, let's be frugal and make our own homemade pedicure experience.
  • 2 cups of warm water
  • 2 cups of vinegar
  • foot tub [I got mine at the dollar store]
  • soak for 15-20 minutes

Once you're done clean and trim your nails, use a file to clean off the dead skin, and use another frugal find from your house to moisturize your skin - Vapor Rub! Slather up with Vapor Rub and put on some socks. Either go on to bed or leave on for half hour and then clean rub off toe nails and apply polish. Using the vapor rub each night with socks will continue to keep your skin nice and soft and at a fraction of the cost of a regular pedicure. Have a Girl's Night and you could even get the massage part! Frugal and Fun - Definitely a Cool Idea!

0 comments:

Post a Comment