Why do I Write?

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to acknowledge publicly that I write. Well, obviously, I write - this blog has been around for a year now. But I write fiction. No one's read it and no one's publishing it but I still write it.

Some of you might remember my posts last summer when I went to the RWA Conference in Washington, DC. I spent three days attending workshops on the craft of writing, meeting other writers, listening to people describe their work or how hard it is to get published, etc.

There was some fun, too. I met women who I, at that time, only knew from the internet. We met as part of an online writer's community and it wasn't until July that we met in person. Now I get hear their voices in my head when I read their emails or their Facebook posts.

But Why Do I Write? Because I have stories that I think are interesting and I want to learn how to tell them better. Today I'm at my monthly writing workshop - learning more about the craft of writing, having great conversations and just generally catching up with friends. Not only does it give me a creative outlet but it gives me some personal time as well. And as we all know, it's definitely a Cool Idea to get out of the house every now and then!

0 comments:

Post a Comment