Christmas in July: Online Product Community

My biggest money maker- by far - is not one that I can fully share with you. I wish I could. But I can share with you how I got there. I started signing up for some survey companies this time last year with the hope of making some extra money for the holidays after reading a post on Deal Seeking Mom. I took surveys on Survey Spot mostly. If you've been on Survey Spot you'll have noticed that most don't actually pay any money. Somewhere in there though I took a survey that got me an invitation to a private online community.

Huh! What is this? I don't think I can tell you what company it's for and I'm not going to jeopardize the deal by getting close but I can tell you that I've seen surveys for similar communities run by Wal-mart, Fidelity Investments, etc.

So, what does this mean? Product communities like to get feedback about new ideas and shopper habits before products 'go live' and in exchange for your honest and private feedback you receive compensation. Most of these communities pay in Amazon certificates. What you owe them is 5-15 mins of work every week in exchange for whatever amount they choose to offer.

So when you are filling out surveys sometimes it 'pays' to fill one out even if it doesn't pay in cash. I always fill ones out that say 'Moms' or 'Women: We need your help'. You never know when one of these surveys is going to turn into an invitation for something wonderful and helfpul to long-term and this is such a Cool Idea!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment