Beach Reads redux

I'm missing book club this month for the first time in the 18 months since I joined. It's a bit difficult to deal with actually so I'm making sure that I actually do a good bit of reading on my own.

I'm also reading about reading and I came across some newer statistics about romance novel readership:
  • 74.8 million people read at least one romance novel in 2008
  • 24.6 percent of all Americans read a romance novel in 2008, versus 21.8 in 2005
  • The heart of the US romance novel readership is women aged 31-49 who are currently in a romantic relationship
  • Impulse purchases outnumber planned romance novel purchases
  • 60 percent of romance readers bought at least one new romance novel in 2008
  • The most popular places romance novels are read are at home or while traveling or on vacation
  • 29 percent of romance readers usually carry a romance novel with them

There you go. I won't actually get any reading done while on the beach. That's not possible with toddlers around but perhaps during rest time in the afternoons or after Comfort and Joy have gone to bed at night.

And once again, if you haven't found a romance author that you enjoy, drop me comment and tell me what kind of stories you like to read. I'm pretty sure that if I can't come up with some ideas then Hope or Becke might have some ideas as well. We are full of Cool Ideas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment